Try these 10 practical confidence tips to help boost self-confidence. Click on the image to enlarge it.
Some extra expended notes to go with the Confidence tips on the infographic
1. Try laughing and smiling by watching films, tv shows, listening to music that makes you happy or being with people who get you laughing.
2. Get ready to face the world- take time to look and feel your best. Don’t under estimate the effects of a bit of grooming and pampering
3. Goal Setting- ‘the only way to eat an elephant is to cut it up into pieces!’ when problems seem insurmountable, trying breaking them down into bite sized chunks to gain the confidence and motivation to conquer the bigger issues.
Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound) goals to help you plan and review
4. Quick wins- start by achieving small goals then build up as confidence increases
5. Look at all your problems in a new way- ask yourself ‘if i was a fly on the wall what might I see about my situation?”
6. Get to the gym- well you don’t have to go there, you could just go walking, cycling or running- releasing those feel good endorphins give you a great boost.
7. Diary your Confidence successes- if you are not a diary writer, skip this one. Writing about your feelings gives you a good opportunity to look back at the progress you have made.
8. Write a list of positives- it’s easy to lose sight of the things that are going right in your life. Make a list of the things you are grateful of.
9. The role of music- whether you play an instrument or listen to music that inspires you, sing along or play along music can get your mood and confidence swinging!